How to Apply for an Award or Scholarship
Scholarships are provided for post secondary education in the visual and performing arts. There are 17 scholarships. Some have restrictions and may not be awarded if there are no suitable candidates.
Awards provide opportunities for students and teachers of Victoria School of the Arts to pursue further education in the Arts at summer schools or workshops. Consideration is occasionally given to providing financial assistance for the purchase of musical instruments and arts related equipment. The value of the awards will vary from year to year. The Foundation may choose not to offer an award.
All scholarships and award decisions are at the discretion of the Board and are final
Applicants for an award must meet eligibility criteria, and must be:
- a resident of Alberta;
- a teacher or a student of Victoria School of the Arts; and
- pursuing a program of advanced education in the Arts or in need of necessary equipment or supplies to further their education in the performing and visual arts.
Different application procedures are in place for students and teachers, and are detailed in full below:
The application process for Awards and Scholarships requires that all applicants (both students and teachers) submit an Application Form and other supporting material.
The Scholarship Application includes the following documents:
- 2016-2017 VSF Scholarship Information Package
- 2016-2017 VSF Scholarship Application Guide
- 2016-2017 VSF Scholarship Application
- 2016-2017 VSF Scholarship Loic Cremer Creative Writing Information Package
The Award Application includes the following documents:
- 2016-2017 VSF Awards Application Guide
- 2016-2017 VSF Awards Application
- 2016-2017 VSF Teacher Evaluation Award-Scholarship